Updated: Nov 12, 2019
In this article, we’re going to talk about players who are owned in 50% or less in Yahoo leagues who SHOULD be owned in more leagues. We discuss 3 players per position that we think should be owned in both shallow AND deep leagues for Week 9 and beyond.
1. Cam Netwon (41% owned) – Newton was seen warming up before last Sunday’s game vs San Francisco, which means his return is imminent. There was some question whether he would outright take his job back from Allen since he had been winning and playing well, but after his DISASTROUS outing in San Francisco, it SHOULD be Newton’s job starting in Week 9. UPDATE: Cam Newton has officially been ruled OUT for Week 9, which means Kyle Allen will get AT LEAST one more start. Newton is eyeing a Week 10 return at Green Bay (which would be a great matchup).
2. Derek Carr (26% owned) – Carr has been playing exceptionally well in real life and fantasy. He threw for 285 yards and 3 TDs in Houston, and we think he can be a solid backup QB and streaming option in plus matchups moving forward.
3. Daniel Jones (23% owned) – Yes, I went a LITTLE over my deep league “under 20%” rule, BUT the only QBs available under 20% were Flacco and Rudolph. No thanks. Jones went into Detroit and fired 322 yards for 4 TDs while adding 13 yards on the ground. He should be owned in ALL deep leagues and streamed in shallow leagues with the right matchup.
1. Kenyan Drake (57% owned) – Drake has been on the trade block ALL SEASON, but there seems to be traction with the Lions and Titans as possible trade partners. He’s worth taking a flier on if he ends up on a team that could use his services as a split backfield or 3rd down specialist.
UPDATE: Drake has officially been traded to the Arizona Cardinals. Take a flier on him to see how this Arizona backfield shakes out in Week 9. Mark Walton (31% owned) should be picked up in ALL leagues following the departure of Drake. Walton SHOULD assume the #1 role in Miami and can provide RB3/FLEX value the rest of the way.
2. Ronald Jones II (46% owned) – Jones II keeps getting carries. He’s not very efficient, but he’s always a threat for 10-15 touches and a possible TD every week. If you’re in a crunch with injuries or a bye week, I’d start Jones II in favorable matchups.
3. Jaylen Samuels (18% owned) – Samuels is nearing a return and should have a decent role once he’s back. The Steelers are doing the best they can to utilize both Conner and Samuels to mask Rudolph’s flaws, so look for Samuels to put up usable DEEP league stats from here on out.
1. DeVante Parker (27% owned) – With Fitzpatrick at the helm, Parker has been getting consistent yards and has SCORED in three straight games. Keep tabs on how he does on Monday Night vs the Steelers. If he plays well, there’s no reason he shouldn’t be rostered in ALL formats.
2. Kenny Stills (59% owned) – Yes, he had a huge letdown game after all of the hype of him taking over Fuller’s role. BUT if you look at Fuller’s stats before going down with injury, he only had one explosive game to go along with a bunch of mediocre games. Stills will be a boom-or-bust option just like Fuller.
3. Preston Williams (13% owned) – Williams has a ton of talent, and he now has a QB who can throw to him. In a deep league, I’m trusting Williams as my WR3/FLEX.
1. Chris Herndon (28% owned) – Herndon makes my list every week. That speaks to the potential he has once he’s fully healthy. He was close to returning this week, which means he SHOULD be able to return next week vs the Dolphins.
2. Jonnu Smith (19% owned) – Smith caught 6/7 targets for 78 yards and a TD last Sunday. He has the trust of Tannehill and as long as Walker is out, Smith will have TE1 potential.
3. Darren Fells (18% owned) – Fells seems to be a boom-or-bust option on a weekly basis. At such a thin position, I’m willing to stomach the low-end games if it means he’ll help me win on any given week.
DEF & K Streamers & Pickups for Week 9 (60% or less)
1. Cowboys (32% owned) at Giants
2. Colts (46% owned) at Steelers
3. Jets (11% owned) at Dolphins
1. Zane Gonzalez (46% owned) vs 49ers
2. Brett Maher (28% owned) at Giants
3. Stephen Hauschka (4% owned) vs Redskins
I hope you found our list helpful! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need advice!
@AintDunneYet & @starks_industry #TeamFollowBack
God bless everyone this week!
Jacob W Dunne